2partners
People are different aren't they. I don't have a thing for cards of any kind necessarily. Oh don't get me wrong, they're nice. And I certainly appreciate them, especially from the family. I'm just saying they don't do for me what they do for others, say for example, Mary. She loves them. I've seen her face light up when reading one whether it's funny, or simple, or serious, just any kind of card. She loves them. They represent thoughtfulness, love, sincerity and a host of other things to her. Me! Give me a cake, gift, money, whatever, and I'm happy. People are just different.
People are special too. No one is as special to me as Mary. And there is no more special day in the life of a special person than their birthday.This is her birthday.
Then there are special birthdays in the lives of special people. This is her 65th birthday. That's special. You can tell I think there is just something special about Mary. I'm not talking about her looks. Although she still is being mistaken for my daughter all the time and then tries to comfort me in my devastation, her youthful looks and beauty are not what I'm speaking about.
It is not her energy of which I'm speaking. But, boy is that part of who she is as a special person. To work 8-10 hours a day, to fly to Austin regularly, to oversee 10 ladies at her office here in Norman, and then to go to Mystic Conn. to periodically meet with the author of the material she works so hard to get published, talk about energy. But I haven't spoken of clogging, dancing, motorcycle riding, and a host of other things that, time permitting, she loves doing. She is special in looks, energy, and how can I name the ways?
That's my point. How can I? Give her a card? You have got to be kidding. Wait. Cards are special to her. Maybe if I could find a card that said some things I mean but don't know how to say. Maybe the fact that cards are special to her, a special girl, a special card would be just the thing. Well, I found one. I gave it to her. She's in Austin today. So I'm posting that card for her to read...again. Because she's special and I love her in ways I can't seem to express, maybe that dumb card can say it again...to her.
Mary, happy birthday..here's how and why I love you.
"For my wife, my best friend,
You've been there to laugh with me,
to cry with me, to be proud of me,
and to be happy for all the good
things in my life.
You've also shared my disappointments
and listened as I worked out my thoughts
and feelings about so many things that
troubled me.....
You're the most important part of my world,
and you always will be....I love you."
HAPPY BIRTHDAY....Paul
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
It is so much fun to see you and Dad enjoying each other STILL!!!
LOVE being like my dad -
and GRATEFUL that I am becoming more like YOU -
Love you!!!
Cherri
Hey, Handsome,
What a nice post. Boy, do you have rose-colored glasses on, but I love it!!
I'm 65 years old (still can't believe it) and I've spent 47.5 of those years with you. Best years of my life!
Thank you for your words and your expression of love. Everyone should have a partner like you, romantic, caring, sensitive, bold, strong, handsome, loving, etc., etc. (Do you think we're gagging people who are reading this? Probably. So I'll save the rest for later. LOL)
Love you and thanks for the birthday greetings.
Your "old gray Mare" (that's reality)!
MB
Mary, I knew you'd try to change the course of this thing. You and your modesty. I thought I had it covered, that change possibility, by writing it on our blog. I forgot the comment section. Oh well.
But, remember, that kind of commenting is NOT permited on my dignified, well thought out, erudite, ministry blog called VTMBOTTOMLINE. STAY AWAY FROM THE COMMENT SECTION. :)
Paul
Mom,
I hope you got my e-card yesterday. I thought about you all day and celebrated that I have the best mom in the world! Speaking as the one who broke out in singing "The Old Gray Mare" on your birthday many, many years ago (remember?) you weren't that then and you aren't that now. You are my idol! I want to be just like you when I'm 65. Beautiful, graceful, funny, smart, and loving (just to name a few of your endearing qualities). :) I hope you had a wonderful, fantastic birthday!!
Love you!
ML
Post a Comment