Monday, August 27, 2007

It Ain't Happenin'


Thought I would put up a new post just for the heck of it. When I wrote my last post, I committed to writing once a week, minimum. Thus the above headline: it ain't happenin'!

This weekend is the first weekend we've been in town for about six weeks. It's been a very busy summer. Paul's had many out-of-town speaking engagements and I've had several business trips.

It takes time to write a post and I just haven't had the time. Maybe later.

A few happenings with us:
We made our annual family trip to Frontier City, compliments of Grams and Papaw. One of our granddaughters, who has evolved into our family social planner, kept us on track for doing this. We were about to let it lapse. We did it!

Last weekend during the record making tropical storm in OK, our backyard flooded from the creek behind us. Somewhat of a mess to clean up, but that's done.

Two trips to a former pastorate church in Fort Worth where Paul preached both morning services two different Sundays. That was fun to renew old acquaintances. My, how that husband of mine can preach, and I do believe he preaches his best at that church.

Work has been demanding. Last week our team worked late four of the five days. Late, late! We got the project done, but it was quite demanding, time- and brain-wise.

The above are my reasons, or excuses, for not consistently writing a blog post.

And football season starts this next weekend. We have season tickets to OU home games, and we're hoping to make a couple of the out-of-town games. We also have a grandson who is a senior and who is on the starting team. We hope to make the two-hour trip to as many of his Friday night games as we can. Looks like football, high school and college, will occupy our free time for most of the weekends this fall. Fun, fun!

However, one final thought: Paul needed some hardware to fix our RV, which we have put up for sale. He went to one store and the clerk was rude and cranky. That store had what Paul needed, but he couldn't get past the clerk's attitude, and thanked him and left without the needed goods. He traveled a few blocks and went to another store where the clerk was very helpful and went above and beyond to help Paul get what he needed and to make sure Paul was a satisfied customer.

In the current church discussions I wonder how many people come to us for the "goods" that we have, but who may be so turned off by attitudes that they leave without the "goods." Here's hoping they go the few blocks to another place and find the "goods" and "buy" because the attending person has an "I care about you" attitude. Food for thought!

Fun blog discussions for me may have to wait until I'm retired from a few of my responsibilities. That's probably a few years away. Love what I do. I'll save serious blog posts and discussions for a rainy day, or in this context, just sometime later. Meanwhile I'll post little personal things like this just to stay in touch.
MB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love reading you!!! Getting busy over our way too. We DID get your phone call about Boe's game but Dara and I were at Sullivant Retreat Center for the ladies retreat while Mike was at church helping set up for our 3 Fold Ministry concert on the grounds for Saturday. After going to Edmond Saturday morning, Dara and I walked over and got to listen to 3 or 4 bands before Dara needed to get out of the heat so I walked her back home and then went BACK out and stayed til almost 10pm. We had a BLAST visiting and listening to music. Childrens choirs are starting, shows are picking back up, Dara is LOVING her volunteer work, and Mike is having a blast with our yards & his garage.

Still looking forward to a good game of Hand & Foot with you and Dad!!!

Love ya,
Mom