Family
Just a quick post about how grateful I am for my family.
I have a soul mate for a husband. I realize every day what a blessing that is. There's nothing we cannot talk about. We both have our private places inside for a few sacred personal things, but we make it a practice to talk and share. We celebrate and respect each other's differences. Yeah! It's taken many years, but it's so worth the effort.
And I appreciate so much our four children who survived their upbringing. They are all four successful adults and family-oriented adults. They're all successful in their respective professions. They're all our adult friends. Again, what a blessing! I'm grateful.
And then our four children's mates are all and each one very special, exactly fit and they all make great couples. This also has not been without struggles of varying degrees. These two men and two women are also our adult friends.
And as if the blessings don't stop, how blessed we are with our 13 grandchildren and 4 step-grandchildren. And the icing on the cake is a great-grandchild and a step great-grandchild.
Just wanted to say today that I'm grateful and I realize how fortunate we are to have our family. I want to do everything I can to keep the relationships top-notch, open, sharing, and respectful. May it ever be!
MB
1 comment:
I think "we" are the ones that are blessed! Everyone's upbringing is different - some good, some bad. But when you marry, chances are about 50/50 that you will "inherit" good in-laws...or at least sane ones! haha I feel very fortunate and proud when I tell people that I am a Burleson. Everyone knows SOMEONE who is connected to this family, and the people I have met have only good things to say about the family.
THANK YOU! Again, I can't speak for everyone, but for me and my children, we got a pretty good deal!
Love you guys,
KB
Post a Comment