Love Birds
This is a picture that my handsome feller had painted for me for our 49th anniversary last month. The style is the artist's unique and different way of painting birds.
I especially like the female bird. She's red and she has a crown. Red is my absolutely favorite color. I have a disproportionate percentage of red garments in my closet. And I love the crown on the female bird's head. Wonder what that means? Queen of ...?
Brown is one of Paul's favorite colors. And Paul has blue eyes as does the male bird.
These birds are really a good representation of us in this our last year before our golden anniversary. (Gosh, that sounds so very old. Aren't golden anniversaries for white-haired, inactive seniors? =)
We put this picture over a table in our entryway where we have pictures of all our grandkids and our great-grandchild. It's our nest of offspring's offsprings. I know the rule of decorating is that you don't put any personal pictures in your formal living area, but we're not known for our stylish decorating, so it's okay. We love it!!
Thought I would just share a fun event we're enjoying. My handsome feller loves surprises and loves to surprise me. This was my surprise for our 49th anniversary.
MB
1 comment:
Don't let mom see your picture, she'll be disappointed you have someone else's art work in your house! (JK - well, kind of)
Cannot believe it will be 50 years next year - Phil and I celebrated our 30th this month. (Audra got engaged on the same day which made it even more special!)
Glad Paul is doing well - Fred kept us informed, along with your e-mails and blog. Saw a picture of Paul's neck that Fred took - he still looked handsome even with stitches!!
Hope to see you all soon - Rachel
Post a Comment