Halloween Hobos

That's I and my younger sister, Jenny, dressed up for Halloween as children.
I have fond memories of Halloween as a child. I had many brothers and sisters, and my Mom always made sure we all had costumes to go trick or treating. As we got older, we made up our own costumes. Not sure who helped Jenny and me with these costumes, but they're pretty good, aren't they?
Jenny and I always had so much fun together. She's two years younger, and I have great memories of our growing up together. But, I'm the older sister. My memories are good ones.
Sometimes I hear Jenny talk, and I'm not sure her memories are so pleasant of our times together. She recalls some of the times I got angry and mistreated her. I'm shocked! Sweet little ole' me? Really?
A good life lesson for me from this is to always stay open about my memories and check them out with the other principals involved. My girls and I have done that some and it's very interesting the result. Keeps perspective. When you plug in others' feelings and perspectives, memories come into focus and become a little more realistic.
I digress! Halloween is such a fun time. We grew up loving it. Just sharing some memories.
MB
1 comment:
Great photo! I laughed out loud at this picture. I love looking back at pictures of the kids dressed up on Halloween...and so do they. One year Megan & Brandon dressed up as Hippies. Brandon had a long red wig, bell-bottom jeans, wire rimmed round glasses and a tie-dyed shirt. Megan had the same, minus the wig. You couldn't tell if they were boys or girls! haha
Thanks for sharing. Memories are a great thing to have...and share.
KN
Post a Comment