Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snow and Swimming Pools


What's wrong with this picture? We're having our swimming pool opened by the pool people next Wednesday, April 1. We woke up this morning with snow all over the ground. Huh?

We've enjoyed several 80-degree days, and so it seemed natural to hurry and get the pool de-winterized and ready to use. Now we've had snow.

We also ordered several trees and plants from a catalog order place our kids told us about. They've arrived, but somehow planting in the snow doesn't seem right.

But, that's Oklahoma. It's supposed to be 70 and above in the next few days, so hopefully we can plant then.

I'm ready for spring. I actually thought "spring had sprung" as of last Friday. Our tulips have bloomed and our trees have budded. And now they have snow all over them.

I actually like these surprises. Makes me realize all over again how much life is an adventure, the unexpected is often right around the corner.
MB

1 comment:

MajesticSix said...

Back to nice weather!! Did you plant? Can't wait to see what all you ordered. I planted over 50 plants before the snow storm hit. I think most of them survived. I actually think too much rain did them more harm. Let's get together this next week.
KB