Carmen's Birthday
Today is a very special day. It's my sister Carmen's 64th birthday.


But, she died in 1990 at the age of 44.
Her earth suit is buried here.

This day never comes and goes without my thinking of Carmen all day long. I wonder how she would look today. By dying fairly young, she remains forever young in my mind.
Carmen lived with us for awhile and every time I approached her room or she came where I was, our greeting to each other was "Toot, toot!" Strange greeting, but that's what we did.
Our family nickname for her from the time she was very little was Pooder. So, Toot, Toot, Pooder was heard a lot around our house the months she lived with us.
I loved that sister very much. She lived a troubled life and ended it herself, committing suicide.
I learned a lot from her. Some things I wish I didn't have to learn, but I do think I'm the wiser and more sensitive because of what I learned from living with and loving Pooder.
Today I just want to say again. I love you, Pooder.
Toot, toot!!
MB
No comments:
Post a Comment