Saturday, March 26, 2011
Older Love
My special guy occasionally writes poems. He wrote this one when thinking about our love relationship. He didn't make a big deal about it; he just sent it to me in an e-mail. When I casually opened it, I was very touched. I asked him if he cared if I shared it, he replied not at all. I think it's very worth sharing.
OLDER LOVE
In my mind I'm young and still in love it's true,
But mirrors shout back that I'm now an old man.
My beloved is also an older woman in years,
But inside she's still beautiful, youthful and grand.
It's a fact that what we've found together in later life,
Is like spring flowers sprouting in life's autumn time.
The results are a kind of fresh fruit in our lives
That our summer together was not privileged to find.
I have been wed to her for many years and am glad,
And she to me with joy and sometimes pain it's true.
But our grey hair and slow step will never hinder
The young man and woman that keeps shining through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mary, Thanks for sharing the writings of your special guy. The second verse was especially beautiful to me and oh so true for those of us who have been married "a life time"! Tell Paul he did good and thanks for letting you share! Yvonne
Post a Comment