2partners
Yesterday, Sunday, was a good day for us. We drove to Tulsa and went to Liberty Church. Beth came and sat with Paul and me. Tony worked in the sound booth and Mel was in the praise team. We visited with Paul and Linda Taylor before the service, and when Paul asked us what was up, we told him it was Mel's birthday and our 47th anniversary. We all three registered complete shock that in three years Paul and I will have our golden anniversary. All the golden anniversary celebrations I've ever attended were for older, much older people. How can that be the two of us? But, it is. LOL We're hoping we can plan a motorcycle trip instead of having the traditional cake and punch. We'll see.
The church service was great. We got to see several friends who are still there from when we were members several years ago. That was fun. And then Mel and Cody are going to Falls Creek this morning so they had a preparation meeting after church. We took Nataly, Tony, and Beth with us and we went to Macaroni Grill and got in line for a table for seven. Mel and Cody joined us not long after we got a table. Had a great meal.
While we were eating, we saw some more friends, Gordon and Virginia Christopher from Broken Arrow, who were standing with friends of the Lenoxes. Seems Mel and Tony's friend preached at the Church at Battlecreek (formerly Gracemont) where the Christophers are members. We all said hello and of course said, what a small world.
When the waitress came and asked if we were ready for dessert, I said no we had a birthday cake waiting at home. Before the check came, here came a beautiful lady holding a small birthday cake with a candle and she asked whose birthday it was. Mel had previously strongly urged us not to have the group-sing that occurs at many restaurants. ;-) But, we were trapped. I had inadvertently let it slip about a birthday. Anyway, we pointed to Mel and the cake was placed in front of Mel and this woman started singing Happy Birthday in Italian as a solo. It was UNBELIEVABLE! Mel was moved to tears, and the whole restaurant broke out in applause at the end. Quite different from the goofy hand-clapping jazzy group-sing. And, it was perfect. Very classy! LOL.
We all then went to the Lenoxes and Tony had a beautiful birthday cake for Mel and when the 43 candles were lit, we had all the usual jokes about setting the place on fire, or at least setting off the smoke detectors. Mel got some nice gifts and we had a good time. Beth's Brice joined us for the party. We took some pictures and then we headed home about 2:30 p.m.
Dad's energy leaves him in the early afternoon, so I drove to midway while he slept. Then I got sleepy and had to stop for some caffeine, and Dad drove on home.
We got home and we both put on our at-home grubby clothes and checked all the blogs, our favorite entertainment. We ended the day watching Mel Gibson's movie, We Were Soldiers. Great Memorial Day movie. We'd seen it before, but we both enjoyed seeing it again.
Today (Monday) I have to go to the office and work awhile. Paul's going to ride the motorcycle around and then we've both got good books going. We may visit the cemeteries where the graves of all our loved ones are. That's three different ones. We usually do that, but we may/may not. We'll see.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good holiday.
Mom/Mary B.
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I read what Mom writes and enjoy it as much as I'm sure you do AND I WAS THERE. That's great writing.
It was a fun day.
DAD
P.S.
Wade ask if he could link my new vtmbottomline blog to his. I said yes thinking he meant put the name on the side panel. HE WROTE A POST ABOUT IT. Mom and I came home sunday night and had eight comments on my blog and it scared me to death. I start sweating when dialogue goes on about what I believe. :) But I guess I can be stretched...maybe...who knows.
This is so awesome! I love catching up with what everyone is doing through your blog.
I just want to say what a great family this is and thank you to everyone for excepting me and making me feel a part.
Now...we just need to get Melody & Cherri to start a blog and we'll ALL be connected! I feel like a small town and we all know the gossip. LOL
I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.
We love you guys! Keep the blogs coming!!!
KB
Hey everyone be sure and reread the comments on the May 26 post. Rachel had some great things to say. And Kelly, I just had a wonderful visit with Ezra and your Mom while out riding my motorcycle. They are GREAT people as you well know.
DAD
Hi, Grams and Papaw -
Your blog is really fun to read, it's such a great way to know what's going on with everyone! Thanks so much for the fun dinner in Denton and for the lovely card for my birthday - I really appreciate it!
Talk to you soon,
Terri
Paul and Mary,
A big hello and congratulations from an old classmate of Mary's. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the posts in your blog. This Okie is getting to the point where he is getting "bogged down in blogs", but the experience is so addictive he can't help himself. . .LOL!
May the Lord richly bless all of you!
Tom
Tom, addictive is right and boy am I hooked.
By the way, I've really enjoyed your participation in the debate going on over at Baptist Life Press. You've handled the people and issues with grace and class. They sure have problems with Wade and the SBC. GREAT job in sticking to the issues in your part of the debate. THANKS.
Paul B.
Post a Comment