2partners
I hate to post and thus remove those great pictures from the blog but.....
What shall I say?
People--Mom and I have had Charis with us for about a week with a couple of days to go and what a great time for us. I have to admit that, while willing and even excited about it, I was a little apprehensive since we've had the whole house to ourselves for so long. But boy was there no reason to be apprehensive. She is a delight. Her mom and dad can be proud as punch of the way she is responsible, fun, helpful, and I was amazed how much I ENJOYED her being here. I know all our grandchildren are that way, but, first hand experience has been a good thing for me personally.
Mom has been in Austin since Monday and got home last night. She and I and Charis sat around the table and talked and ate. [I grilled some sausage/cheese frankfurters, onion hamburger patties, chicken breasts and we pigged out.] We laughed at old pictures and times and I realized how much Mom is the heart and soul of this house. She made her and Charis an oldfashioned ice cream sandwich [gob of ice cream between two graham crackers-I passed] and they looked like two little kids eating them.
Brett and I had a GREAT lunch on Tuesday his 35th birthday. We ate at Coaches in Edmond on me since it was his day and sat and talked for a long time. I think I heard for the first time [meaning he'd told me several times but my mind couldn't wrap around it] what his work is and boy what a job he has. Remember I am now 66 and my mind is not what it used to be. [Although that isn't saying it was much in the used- to- be times.] They are building a new building right across the street from their present site and expanding considerably. He's excited for good reason about the possibilities in it.
Things--I spoke this past week at Henderson Hills in Edmond on Wenesday night, Saturday night, and twice on Sunday at 9:00 and 10:30 am. It was a lot of fun although I think I kinda blew it Saturday night not having been at one of those services before. The people probably wouldn't know but I know when I "get it across the way I want to" and when I don't. Don't get me wrong, I know His Word will accomplish it's purpose, but I'm telling you guys my feelings about the delivery. But Sunday made up for it all in freedom and enjoyment. HHBC is a great church and the whole thing was a great time for me.
They've asked me to speak at the kickoff breakfast for the men's ministry later this month and want me to ride in on my motorcycle in jeans and boots and ballcap. They will actually raise a garage type door in the youth building where the breakfast will be held and I'll ride in to the speakers stand. I'm going to have my music blasting out that song by John Fogerty "I'm a rambunchous boy". It's mom and my favorite riding song.
We are having a 12 ft by 40 ft slab put in on the south side of the house so we can park the RV next to the house and use it for space as well as be able to keep it up a little better. Melody, and all of you, when you come and spend the night you can have some privacy. :)
We just got our season tickets to OU football and I'm ready for some football. My prediction is that Paul Thompson will do a better job at quarterback than anyone can imagine and we will win the Big 12. I predict Texas Tech will be second and Texas will be third in the South division. It's anybody's guess who will win the North division but OU will whip them December 2nd in KC. Remember I said it in August.
Well I've hunted and pecked myself into exhaustion. So keep up the blogs and Logan, get those fingers to working.
By the way, Wade just called and told me to go to the HHBC website and see the Wenesday and Sunday messages. Just click on Podcast. The site is www.hhbc.com I think.
Dad/Paul/Papaw/ THE HULK
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Paul. Have been wanting to hear how the services you preached went. Since we are on dial-up, i will have to wait to hear your sermons, when i go to my moms house. I can't wait to hear you speak!!!
What a great way to kick off a men's ministry. Would love to be there just to see some of the expressions on the face's as you ride in...I can see it in my mind!!
I agree with you on the OU season, but I think the defense will not only keep them in the games, but just might win a couple for them...GO OU!!!!!
Mike
Post a Comment