Monday, August 28, 2006



Fun Happenings and Catch-up


I've been asked to please write on our blog and not wait so long between writings. I have two problems: a cranky and old computer and a boring life.

Charis stayed with us a couple of weeks and we barely knew she was with us. She was so easy to have as a guest. She's back down at Baylor beginning her sophomore year.

Ty turned 23 August 22 and we enjoyed frito pie and oreo dessert with the Moxleys and Mike's parents and Dal's girlfriend, Megan. Great fun! Of course, we enjoyed a lively debate between Ty and Papaw. Such fun.

Last week we took Pierce and Sierra for ice cream at Braum's. Pierce politely declined our invitation at first saying he would let us know when he wanted to go. Brett gently persuaded him he really did want to go. When I asked Pierce why since he was only three years old he had been promoted to the four-year-old class, Pierce responded that it was because he was smarter than the other three-year-olds in his class and that was only because they hadn't received their smarties yet. He was quite serious! Entertaining kid.

FYI: Brett is having a procedure this morning as an outpatient, but last time he had this, we didn't know and we asked him to let us know next time. Paul is planning to head up there early and be with Brett and Kelly before Brett goes under. Brett says it's nothing, but we think it's something. His throat closes up and when it gets bad enough, his food won't go down. He says he just needs it stretched open again. No big deal, he says.

We enjoyed the two Cherry family weddings the last two weekends, both in Edmond. Rye married Christy and Mandy married Max. Paul performed Mandy and Max's and twenty-eight years ago he performed Mandy's parents' wedding. How time flies! The rehearsal dinner for Mandy and Max was at Toby Keith's in Bricktown. That was really a fun experience and way too much food. OKC is really a hoppin' place on Friday nights. Could hardly find a place to park.

Hey, I have my own personal shopper now in Mel. She works at Donna's in Tulsa and they had a great sale and she called and wanted us to run up last Thursday, but I go to clogging class and it was too late for us to make it. So Melody pulled a bunch of clothes she thought I would like and brought them to me yesterday. I really did like them and they're expensive brands. Such fun. I kept about half of them and she's returning the others this morning. Wow! I've always wanted to have a personal shopper, someone who knows my size and what I like. Most of the items I bought were seventy-five percent off. Great bargains.

And, we got to treat Nataly to her first banana split. I was telling them about Sierra always wanting a banana split when we take them to Braums and Nat asked what a banana split was. So that called for a trip to Braums and we ordered a banana split and all four of us ate on it. Quite fun. I took a picture with my phone of Nat enjoying her very first banana split.

Well, to wind this up just a couple more things: Paul is speaking at a Guys, Grits, and Gravy men's meeting this Wednesday. He's riding his motorcycle up and is to ride it clear in to the stage area where he will speak. They're also setting up a fun motorcycle ride for guys (and girls), which Paul will lead later in September.

And, I fly to Austin every Monday evening to spend the day Tuesday in the office there, so better get ready and think through what to take and where to pack it with all the new rules. Work is going well and I still like it a lot.
That's it for now.
MB

No comments: