Friday, January 18, 2008



Congratulations, Mel!




Melody Lenox, our third child, was honored at a new company launch last night, and we were privileged to attend.

The new company is Lead Self-Lead Others Foundation and was founded by Dr. Nathan Baxter. www.leadselfleadothers.com 

Mel is one of four newly certified counselors who are now qualified to lead growth groups.

On their brochure is the following: 
The starting place for leadership development always begins with the leadership of self. We help women grow by training them to lead themselves in five important areas of their lives: habits, health, relationships, time, and money.

We are extremely proud of Melody, and we enjoyed seeing and hearing and sharing in the exciting launch of this new endeavor. I think it's a much needed concept and it will be an exciting adventure to watch the birth and development of this foundation.

Our congratulations to Melody, to Nathan, and to the other three counselors! May God richly bless this new organization and each of you and your work.
MB 

3 comments:

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

Congrats Mel! This sounds like something I could use. Can you send more information?? Would love to hear you sometime. Keep us posted.

Mary, thank you for taking the time to make sure everyone is informed, and acknowledged. You're really good about doing that.

KB

The Lenoxes said...

Mom & Dad,
Thanks so much for coming to the "launch" of our new venture. It meant a lot to me that you would drive all that way just for that! Thanks also for the gift! I love it!

I'm excited to see what coaching opportunities will come up for me this year. Thanks for your support and your encouragement always!

Kelly,
I'll send you a brochure.

ML

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

Kelly, Thanks for continuing to check this blog site. I haven't been very consistent in posting here, but now that I have Reality Check at www.rebel4reality@blogspot.com where I'll post other types of discussions, I plan to post here more often on personal things. Again, thanks for commenting.
MB

Mel, you're very welcome. That's an easy thing to do, support you and encourage you. I think you will do very well because you're such a people person and you have great sensitivity to where people are in their life walk.

I think back to all that the three of us, Cherri, you and me, have gone through in our girl talks and times together. It reminds me of what I heard Ron Dunn say one time: Our life seems like a zig zagged and crooked road while we're walking forward, but when we turn around and look at the road we've traveled, we see that it's a very straight and narrow road to bring us where we are.

To me, you are well equipped to be a coach of women (and men for that matter ;-) to come alongside and help them see clearly where they are and what they want and how to get there. I think you'll be used and will be a great tool in kingdom work.
Proud Mama
MB