Monday, June 16, 2008

Paul's Procedure


I'm an information junkie. I "google" anything I want to find out more about. I want to know.

Interestingly, I have relatives and friends who don't want to know. I find that curious. I want to know anything and everything about what's happening. Not sure why. I think it's because I think I can make informed decisions. I also know that the type of person I am that I do not like surprises. That's probably more it than anything. Hmmmm...

Today Paul is having his first of two endarterectomies. And that is?


Looks pretty scary, doesn't it? But, I like to know what's happening to him when they roll him away on that stretcher.

If all goes well, I have a picture to know what happened. If all does not go well, I want to know what and why. I want to know exactly what the doctor is saying and understand it.

I'm so bad about this that one time I was arguing with my doctor, who was also a friend and fellow church member. He took me by the hand and led me out to the waiting room and introduced me to the waiting patients as "Dr. Burleson." I thought it was funny, but our child I had with me got angry and then started crying because it was so embarrassing. I actually thought the doctor was intimidated and switched to teasing me because maybe he didn't want to answer my questions. It was all in fun and we remained friends.

That's just a fun example of my way of dealing with doctors. That same doctor asked me what medical school I attended when I was questioning him about something else. I said I didn't, but I still wanted answers. This happened years ago, but it illustrates that I'm a question asker and want to be informed. Why is that so hard to understand? =) I really can't understand why everyone isn't that way? JK

Well, that's my self-revelation for today plus information about Paul's procedure. Thanks for stopping by.
MB

1 comment:

Cheryl Schatz said...

We will be praying for Paul. It is good to know what is happening in his life and it sounds very serious. I too am an information junkie and so I completely understand you being a "question" person. Please tell Paul to rest well and get better soon.