Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Special Birthday


Today is Kelly's birthday.

I wanted to use this space and take this opportunity to express what a special person she is and to wish her a very happy birthday!

As I've observed Kelly over the last three years, here are some admirable traits that are evident:

Energetic: She is always "up and at 'em." She has energy to stay up with, entertain, and have fun with a five year old and an eight year old and her grandson, who just turned one. She keeps her home and is always decorating and redecorating. She has a beautiful yard and is always helping or planting new trees and flowers. It's fun to drive up and see the new look.

Loving: Kelly is very loving. She always hugs us when we come and when we leave. Her two stepchildren always want her to hold them or carry them. Her two grown children are very close to her and those relationships are fun to watch.

Physically beautiful: Staying in shape as you get older is a real challenge. Kelly is one of those rare women who cares about how she looks AND keeps herself in good physical shape and always looks beautiful and attractive.

Forgiving: Kelly came into our family during some tough circumstances. Yours truly was the worst offender. Kelly has repeatedly said to me that all of that is forgiven. That is a rare quality, especially forgiveness of your mother-in-law. I'm especially grateful for this trait in Kelly.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, I am so glad that Kelly is a part of our family. We're fortunate to have her as one of us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLY!!
HOPE IT'S THE BEST EVER!

Love you much,
MB

3 comments:

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

THANK YOU so much for the kind words. I feel very blessed, but not sure deserving, of everything God has put in my life since I married into this family. The fact that you would take time to write something special - not only for me, but other people in your life says a lot about you...so again, thank you.

I would like to say - Brett and I are both sitting here laughing because, well, first of all, I hate having my picture taken...but one thing about me that you left out is my vanity! haha I asked Brett if he would kindly send you a new photo of me that maybe has had a little cheesecloth or touch-up work. Not sure this one is too flattering. Leave it to me to miss the print because I'm worried about my photo.

Again, thank you so much. Your words mean more to me than you'll ever know.

Love you,
Kelly

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

Kelly,
That's funny about your picture. Two things: I realized I didn't have one of you in my files except one I took last year of you and Brett holding your cake. I cropped your face out of that one. I wish I had the one of you in the gold dress. Send me that file and next time I write I'll show that movie-star picture of you.

The other of the two things: I do have Photoshop but I didn't have time to go in and touch up and make the color right on your picture.

I thought the picture was great, or I wouldn't have posted it. And I meant every word of the post.
We're lucky to have you in our family.
MB

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

Haha...too funny. Brett always gets mad at me because I never want my picture taken. The other day I was looking for a picture for Grandma West (which we still have in our car), and we hardly have any pictures of us together. Brett is always holding the camera! Which I'm always thankful for later.

I hope you know I was kidding about the photo. I never like pictures of myself, but was very touched that you would take the time to write all those nice things.

I got to "cash in" my present from Pierce tonight. He wrapped up a toy from McDonald's (from his Happy Meal:), with a note that said he wanted to take me to see Kung Fu Panda. We went tonight and it was GREAT! I've never heard the kids laugh so hard!

Great Birthday!!!