Monday, August 30, 2010

Jamall Badry
I got a phone call from Jenny last night that they had received word that Jamall had died in the night Saturday night.

He didn't show up for church Sunday morning and they checked on him and he must have died in his sleep because he was in bed.

Here are a couple of his CD pictures. We love his music. It's somewhat traditional, but touches us in a way that only Jamall could do.

Wow! It's hard to believe that Jamall is gone. Just last week we received the flyer about his planned program in Branson MO this fall. How unexpected this is.

I think Jamall must have been around 75 years old, which I used to consider old, old. Today I consider it relatively young, young. It's all perspective.

Jamall will be sorely missed, both in his June MEF conference and his fairly new endeavor of having a program at Branson.

But we do have his music, which we will enjoy for years to come, but now with some sadness.
MB

1 comment:

rachelfraim said...

Mom seemed sad when she called and told me about "Badry" being gone.
I asked her how old he was and she thought 76 - I did not realize how much younger he was then dad - almost 22 years??! - is that right? Growing up, they seemed a lot closer in age than that!
It is sad that he's gone - but what a way to go!