Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rush Springs Watermelon Festival



Had a fun but hot time at Rush Springs today, clogging at the Watermelon Festival. Notice on the program we are listed as the Okie Dokie Stompers. We are the Okie Stompers. I laughed when I saw that, but hey, it's kind of catchy. Why not?

We were scheduled for two thirty-minute performances, the first at 10:30 am and the second at about 11:15 am. The performances before us went way longer and we only got to do one performance at about 11 am. But that was okay with me because it was so dang hot. The sweat was rolling off all of us after we danced. Hot, hot, hot.

But it was fun. The person who invited us provided lunch for us and then gave each of the dancers a Rush Springs watermelon. They're the best.

Here's Freddie and I before we danced. I was taking some casual pictures of our group and had one taken of us. Freddie is the best dancer we have and he danced twice as many as the rest of us except for our leader. Everyone loves to watch Freddie! He's a really good clogger.


I only goofed up once, really bad. I turned the wrong way and it was very obvious. Oh, well, you try to smile and go on. I practiced that dern song a number of times, but...

Life is good. Life is fun.
MB

2 comments:

rachelfraim said...

I'm just impressed that you and Fred clog and clog VERY WELL!! It was HOT Saturday, huh - not sure I could have done it.

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

Rach,
It was so hot, so very hot! Once or twice while clogging I had the thought, what in the sam hill am I doing? Can I make it? haha I get breathless and sweat profusely. Pretty picture, huh?

But it is fun! I'm so proud of myself after I get through. Prior to-I fight myself that I do not want to go, I do not want to do this. Then I perform. After-I have a great time and love talking about how fun it was. Hmmm...I need to diagnose myself and see what's going on.

And I have to learn to laugh at my mistakes. I made a big one and turned the wrong way. Very obvious. Others just laugh and go on when they goof. I beat myself up, study the steps harder, and grit my teeth and say that's not going to happen again. My OCD is showing, isn't it?

Going to keep clogging and hopefully enjoy it!
MB