The Dog Days of Summer at the Burlesons
Read Brett and Kelly's blog and laughed at Kelly's statement encouraging everyone to write and keep everyone posted. I have had the same thoughts and have also been lax about posting. I also check everyone's blogs each morning, and I agree, we're all either boring or busy.
Nothing much happening around here, but I'll start writing and see what pops up in my mind and comes out through my fingers. ;->
We're investigating putting in a third driveway and going several feet back so we can park our fifth wheel here at the house. We got a bid yesterday and will probably go ahead, and in the process we'll get our crumbly sidewalk fixed. We think having the fifth wheel close will be more convenient for quick, short trips because it won't be such a hassle to put everything in and make sure everything is working. We'll see. We've also promised Sierra that she can go with us and sleep in our fun trailer. We made that promise over two years ago. Our reputation as grandparents is hanging in the balance. We MUST go forward with these plans!!
Charis called and needed a place to stay between August 1 and Baylor classes starting, so she's moving in with us next Monday for about ten days. We're really looking forward to having a teenager with us for a few days. She'll probably liven things up around here.
We're in the process of changing churches. This is an experience we don't have very often and I don't like change much at all. But, we're doing it and moving forward. Interesting times.
Logan, if you're reading this, I want to ask you about what's happened to your blog posting? I check it every morning and I really enjoyed it when you were posting. Hope you get back to it soon. You're a good writer and I miss reading what you write and what's happening up in Enid.
Cherri, thanks for sending the e-mail and letting me know Mike and Dara have been sick and how busy you guys are. Yikes! I was tired just reading all that's been happening out your way. Hope you get caught up and get to rest a day or two very soon.
Sunday is the family shower for Mandy. She's getting married the last Saturday in August. Paul's performing the wedding. It's rather nostalgic as Paul also performed Mandy's parents' wedding, Rachel and Phil's, many moons ago. Should be a fun time. Rye is also getting married the week before at the same place Brett and Kelly got married. August will be a busy family time besides also being Jenny's, Brett's, Megan's, and Ty's birthdays.
As I wrote before in an e-mail, Hannah and Derek had a baby boy, who was Starley and Ralph's 48th grandchild and Grandma Cherry's 80th great grandchild. Think our Thanksgiving place will continue to hold all of us? Our large family continues to get larger. Fun and funny.
I've started rambling, so I'll sign off. Not sure this was worth your reading, but, hey, these are the dog days of summer. LOL
MB
1 comment:
YEAH...something new! It's always worth reading to me because then I go home and ask Brett, "who are all these relatives and how are we related" haha Seems like everytime I mention my name to someone they ask if I'm related to so-and-so. Unfortunately, I usually have to say, I don't know, probably.
Thanks for the update. I know everyone is busy and sometimes it's just hard to think of something to say...at least something anyone else would find interesting.
Keep up the good work! I'll try and do the same.
Love you!
K
Post a Comment