SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT
I thought I would respond to the e-mail Mom sent to all of you that told of my "accident" with the black water hose [that's the c#*# hose for all rednecks] while loading the RV to come home from the lake.
First, it was not the solid stuff that was the problem since Mom and I had been discreet and used the facilities provided by the Park. Those facilities, however, were far worse in many ways than was the hose incident. The sights, the smells, and the insects were enough to cause you to wonder if you'd lost your mind coming to the lake in the first place.
It was the liquid stuff that became my problem to the tune of soaked shoes, jeans, shirt, arms and legs. No face problem for which I am eternally grateful. [We had used the RV facilities for nocturnal times of refreshing moments of personal relief only thank the Lord.]
But in spite of that comodious experience, it was a great time. Bob Waddle and I beat Carolyn and Mom "two games in a row", count them, two games of cards, a game called "hand and foot". [They did beat us four games in a row until those last two but what they don't know is Bob and my strategy was to let them win a few to off set the hot weather to ensure a good time for all since they tend to get grumpy and depressed if it's hot AND they loose. A bit of male strategy at work and it DID work.]
Finally, I did learn a lot about this RV thing and Dara is taking me to the movie for my birthday next Monday since they will be out of pocket on the 19th. She is debating between CARS or RV. I've not seen either one and she will choose which one but I'll bet I could teach them a little something about RVing it. By the way Dara, I do eat popcorn at the movies, a big bag at that. But I'll be glad to share it with you.
Well, check out Logan's new blog if you haven"t
already. It's loganslines.blogspot.com. I think
everyone is in on and aware of 8lives. That pretty
well wraps up the family blogs And you may be
wondering about the short lines in this final
paragraph, I am too, don't know what happened.
Dad/Paul/Papaw/THE HULK
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't you hate it when you get those short lines? That is hilarious.
I think it would be fun for you and Dara to see the RV movie just for what has recently happened to you, but I have to say that Cars is on the top of our list of movies. And it is not the fact that Sierra and Pierce loved it so much, Kelly and I loved it just for the fact of it being a good movie.
All this to say, you can't go wrong with either of those movies.
Hope you and Dara have a blast.
BRB
Sounds like a great camping trip. I can't wait to hear the whole story.
Chuck
Paul, thanks for explaining the definition of a black water hose in redneck language. I always thought the word c#*# started with the letter "C", but followed with **#, instead of #*#. I looked this up in the Webster's dictionary, and it seems that we both spelled this word wrong...Go Figure!
Just wanted you and Mary to know that i enjoyed sitting and talking with both of you Saturday. You 2Partners are the best.
Next time you guys decide to go to the lake give me a call and i will bring along a couple of toilet plungers and 4 toilet seats, so we can get in a few games of Redneck horseshoes!!!!
Love you guys
Mike
What Paul doesn't know won't hurt him, LOL. I'll never tell.
MB
Post a Comment