Fun February Friday Family Facts
February 14 is coming. My valentine sweetheart for the last 49 years is still my favorite! Paul and I met in the winter of 1957 so we're almost at the 50 year mark to start celebrating all our firsts. Incredible! But fantastic! Lots of wonderful memories, as well as many change points and growth. I call him "my handsome feller" so often that the women at work will tell me my handsome feller is waiting or on the phone. Too fun.
This is Friday, and I thought I would post a few fun happenings/events.
Tonight at Norman High, Kade's team from Enid is playing. Papaw and I are going and Cherri said the Moxleys might try to make it. She's checking with Mike. Watching Kade play is always fun and reminiscent of watching our kids in sports, Mel in volleyball (Mel, please note I listed you first!); Brett in baseball, basketball, and football; and Wade in football. We have missed going to all the sports events. Fun times in our lives.
Today Brett's work staff is moving into their new office building, which is located very close to where he is now but much larger and brand new. Fun! Brett is doing so well in his job and says he is loving it.
Paul just finished at FBC in Durant with James and Judy. He really enjoyed it and got to see Justin and Joni and her husband and child. The church was very responsive. Some old friends were in some of the services. Jackie and Jimmy Gee from Southcliff came to one of the Sunday services and one of the Midgette girls of the Mundlin family in Wichita Falls came up to Paul on Wednesday evening. My, my how time is flying and little kids are growing up. The weekend before, Paul was in Alabama with Jeff Hatcher for a three-day conference. Got caught up on all that's been happening with Jeff and his family. Paul's ready for some time at home and some rest. Me, too. It's hard when he's gone. I don't have a handsome feller doing my honey-do errands. ;-)
This Saturday is the start-up date for Grandma Cherry's cleaning service via the Bullard girls. Most of you grandkids got an e-mail or a note from Aunt Jenny. She and I are the co-conspirators in this fun project. I'm the producer and she's the director, meaning I'm financing this (with others having opportunities to contribute) and she's doing all the work. Not a bad setup. Mother is 89 years old, will be 90 this year. We expected a fight about this because she's pretty stubborn about accepting help. Amazingly she's very excited. We'll have to be careful that she's not excited about having company in the house and tries to engage the girls in visiting instead of cleaning. Can you believe we have an 89-year-old Mother/Grandma who is still driving, going to art lessons, and resists having help? Hmmm. . . Quite a model for us all to follow.
Graduation days are fast approaching. This spring Kade will graduate from Enid HS and Rachelle will graduate from college, nursing school. Dara will graduate from Norman HS and has already had her graduation picture made. Wow, can you believe it? And Beth will soon graduate from cosmetology school.
And last, and least, I'm getting back on my feet from my hip ailment, whatever it was. There's been some trouble with getting the bills paid through insurance. Just another hassle. But on the brighter side, I'm doing my walking on the treadmill and I've slowly started back to clogging. I do well until I get carried away and forget that I'm an old lady acting like a young lady. Yikes! Sometimes pretty painful. Painful in my body and probably pretty painful to watch, LOL.
Happy Friday to you. Hope you have a good one.
MB
2 comments:
Mary
Glad you're back up and going. Sounds like you guys have a lot of excitement in the coming months. The new computer sounds great.
WOW a 30" display! Up until just a few years ago, that's bigger than most TVs were. The older I get the larger the letters need to be. As the letters grow so grows the screen.
At the rate I'm going, by the time I'm 60 I'll need a 50" screen!
Good to catch up on you and Paul.
Enjoy,
Chuck
Sorry to hear you're still having hip trouble. I've been there so I know exactly what you're going through. Luckily, I haven't had any problems lately.
I'm excited about Valentine's Day, which has been a long time coming for me. Being single for 17 years, Valentine's Day wasn't always a day I looked forward to.
Hope you both have a great weekend and thanks for keeping up the posts!
KB
Post a Comment