Happy Valentine's Day
Today is Valentine's Day. A very special day for those of us who have a valentine in our life.
I thought I would do one of those goofy acrostic tributes to my valentine. Not that he's goofy, but I've always thought those poems or articles that spelled a word vertically and then let each letter stand for something were pretty goofy, and I still do; but goofy as it is, here goes:
A Tribute to my Valentine
V is for valor; isn't that bravery? He's not a soldier, but he is brave. He's lived with me all these years!
A is for amourous; did I spell that right? Isn't that French for loving? My valentine wrote the book on being a good lover!!
L is for laughing; Paul has the best laugh. I usually laugh at his laugh, not his jokes. ;-)
E is for energy; energetic is his middle name.
N is for near; my valentine stays near, emotionally and physically. Great gift.
T is for teaser; he gets this glint in his eye and I know he's up to something.
I is for initiator; Paul is a big picture guy and he loves to initiate new and better things.
N is for nice; the guy is just plain nice; nice as all get out! (That's Okie for through and through.)
E is for encourager. He is known as a man's man and the encourager of ministers.
Well, there it is. A goofy acrostic to say "Will you be mine, you great Valentine?" To PB from MB
And I must tell you why I need to pay special tribute to him:
A few weeks ago we planned a weekend trip Friday through Sunday to celebrate Valentine's Day, I have enough air miles and enough motel awards to take a free trip for two. We had everything arranged to go to Padre Island and visit friends. BUT, a glitch at work caused me to have to cancel.
Not to be deterred, Paul planned a very special surprise for me to come to the office on Tuesday--a dozen red roses and a box of chocolates! Big surprise. Even a bigger surprise was when I told him I had to go to Austin on Monday and be there the rest of the week. He couldn't change his order due to high volume, so he merely came to the office on Monday and asked the eight women there if they would be his Valentine. They said yes, and he told them they would be receiving roses and chocolates and to enjoy. Even the FedEx guy whom we call FedEx Larry, who was the deliverer, had a song ready to sing to me. Oh, what I missed. Anyway. . .
Then Paul came to Austin with me. Everyone on the team I'm on was staying to work late on Tuesday night. However, at this point I told my supervisor, I'm leaving. I knew I could not frustrate my handsome feller, my special Valentine, one more time. I did not work late and we went to a super nice restaurant, dressed up, and had a great meal and a good Valentine celebration. I thought if I let work interfere one more time, I might not have a Valentine next year! Think? JK
One more thing: We figured out that this year is our 50th year to be sweethearts! Huh? How can that be? But it is. We met in 1957, both teenagers, and never dated anyone else. Married one and a half years later, so this is our 48th Valentine's Day together as a married couple, but our 50th as Valentines. Yikes, yikes yikes!! How did we get to be this old? But, hey, life is good when you have a wonderful, handsome feller, for a Valentine! Happy Valentine's Day PB. Love you much. MB
No comments:
Post a Comment