Some Teenage Marriages Do Last!

Paul was 18 years old and I was 17 years old! May 28, 1959, was the special day we two were wed.
Now, 48 years later, we do look a little different.
It's been quite a trip together, four decades plus eight! We've weathered a lot, good things and bad. Today we are enjoying life as never before. It's been a great journey, and we're not at the end yet. Could it get any better? I wonder.
Happy 48th Anniversary, Handsome.
MB
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people!!! You both looked sharp then and still look sharp today. Celebrate well!!! Love you both
Happy Anniversary! You guys are an inspiration to us younger wipper-snappers. Hope you have a great day and many more years.
Chuck
Happy Anniversary, you guys!!! Sure enjoy your friendship - maybe even more than your leadership and guidance - and ALL of it is mucho appreciated!!!
Love ya
the first born a mere 47 years & 2 months ago!!!
Cherri
Cherri,
Thanks for commenting. And thanks for your comment. That's a very special gift of your saying you enjoy our friendship. Good friends with our children. What a treasure!
Also, you were born ten months after we married. When we told my parents we were expecting, my Dad, himself the father of eleven, started counting on his fingers and raised his eyebrows. Glad you didn't come early. LOL
You were the first of three children born in our first four years of marriage. The doctor asked me if I knew what was causing this. Hmmm. . . Things to look back on and laugh about.
Margie,
Thanks for stopping by. I remember that you and I met when we were both pregnant with our two children who will be 36 this year. Wow! How time flies. Remember how we went swimming all that summer? And how they made all the kids get out of the pool for ten minutes each hour so the adults could enjoy the pool? My, how we could float! My extra fifty pounds I put on was a great help in the water. LOL I was so tan when I delivered, the nurse thought I was of a different race than the white race. Is that funny or what? Good times, old friend.
Chuck,
Thanks for the congrats. You and Stella are well on your way and seem also to have the kind of marriage that lasts. Hope you're feeling okay.
MB
Beautiful,
If you don't quit calling me "handsome" people are going to question your eyesight if not your sense.
If you DO quit calling me that I may not know you're talking to me you've done it so long.
Now what I call you...only reveals how astute and perceptive I am for a man my age. :)
Mary and Paul,
Happy Anniversary. We spent 5 great years at Southcliff BC under both of your teaching classes while in Seminary and thought you were wonderful, the. Hope the next 48 are even better.
Rhonda and Ken Colson
Montana SBC
Post a Comment