Home Again!
Paul and I just spent a week away. I had a business trip to attend, National Council of Superintendents of Mathematics (NCSM) and National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM). The conventions were held in Salt Lake City. Paul had some ministry contacts and spent his time with them and doing some sight seeing.
When we arrived home, we agreed home never looked so good. Very good!
We've traveled a lot. Paul travels in his business, and I do some. We've traveled overseas and we've even led tourist groups. We've been on mission trips to South America and Paul has to Indonesia and other various places.
That said, we are both changing as we get older. Most of our friends our age are traveling and loving it. We stay home as much as we can. Isn't that funny? We don't want to go. We want to stay put! We love our home and we love our routine.
Our routine involves getting up early, checking e-mails and blogs, eating a light breakfast, and leaving the house at 6:30 to go to the mall and walk two miles. Paul takes me to work and goes to Starbucks and gets me a cup of coffee and delivers it to my desk.
I work an 8 to 10 hour day and I come home to a home-cooked meal and a catch-up time with my partner about how our day has been and who we've talked to and been with. It's a very fun time. I forgot. Before we eat our meal I enjoy a little snack prepared for our debriefing time. Of course, this schedule only happens if Paul is in town. We both thoroughly enjoy it and miss our schedule when we're out of pocket, one of us or both of us.
Concluding: There's no place like home!
MB
No comments:
Post a Comment