Saturday, April 05, 2008

Lunch at Panda Garden



Tuesday was our oldest daughter's 48th birthday. Our other daughter and her daughter drove to Norman from Tulsa and treated the birthday girl and her daughter to lunch. I, the mother and grandmother, was also invited.

What a treat! It was so enjoyable and so fun.

We're all very different and unique as individuals. I sat there enjoying the conversation and the food and just reveled in the fun of being with family and especially an all-girls fun time.

We laughed and talked and shared and visited. There were no undercurrents of relational dysfunction or that stuff that often happens when members of families get together.

I do think we've come to the place where we can get together and celebrate our differences, share our experiences, and enjoy being together and sharing our love for each other. It's almost a miracle! (Can miracles be an almost?) =) When I think back of how much baggage we carried in our own lives as we parented and how many mistakes we made, it's absolutely incredible that we've all survived and actually enjoy being together and invite one another to join the fun. Yeah!

Never will I take that for granted, and every day I feel anew gratitude for my wonderful kids and their kids. Life is good!
MB

No comments: