Thursday, June 29, 2006

2partners

Hey everybody, I'm sitting here in Austin TX having answered a comment on my vtm blog from a fellow named Pete, [Not his real name]
with a superbly crafted response of about 150 words dripping with wisdom, insight worthy of the ages and destined to be written down as a mini Gettysburg address...punched it in to be posted so he could read it and be blessed...and lost the WHOLE THING. Why is it always safe to comment about your own work like that when no one will ever be able to see it? Maybe that's why I can comment about my work like that. :)

Anyway, I played 10 games of racquetball with Uncle Ron Cherry this week. He beat me several. He's getting better and I'm getting old. It was fun though. I read a lot, work at the computor, play racquetball, go to movies, make long distance calls, and do the things generally that any kept man would do. Boy this IS the life. I have also been monitoring and posting comments to Wade's blog while they are on vacation. That's been a daily thing.

Mom is working hard and everytime I get a little feeling of guilt, she reminds me I worked like she is for forty years AND she loves what she's doing. If that love is ever gone she'll join me in backing off a bit and we'll both head off in the RV for some down time. Till then we're two happy people enjoying life and each other. But we're BOTH getting older so if it comes sooner than expected don't be surprised, if it doesn't come soon don't be surprised. We're not surprised by much anymore. We just take it as it comes and milk it for all it's worth, whatever the "it" happens to be.

It seem to be be shaping up for the 15th of July for Frontier City but we will be in touch more over the weekend. We're coming home tonight but tomorrow will be a busy time for both of us as Mom goes to the office to fill in the crew and I get on the yard, check on Grandma West, and generally get some things done.

This is really a post about everything and nothing really, I just felt like hunting and pecking at a keyboard. We love you guys...and anyone else, I guess, who stumbles across and reads these rambling words.


Paul/Dad/Papaw/The HULK

2 comments:

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

We received confirmation today that we are switching weekends so it looks like we're a go for the 15th! YEAH!!! The kids will be so excited. Hope everyone else can work out that time because we're looking forward to it.

Thanks for keeping us "posted" on everything. I think we're falling down on the job because we haven't posted in quite some time. Although, Pierce does keep us busy!

Let us know as soon as everyone confirms.

Take care and be safe.
Love you,
KB

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

Hey Dad!
Haven't talked with you in a couple of days, so I thought I would post and say that I love reading your thoughts.

Also - we are officially set for the 15th and we will have the kids, so count us in. Eagerly awaiting more details.

Love you much.
BRB