2partners
I love Saturday mornings. We walk our two miles and arrange our route so we can end up at Braum's and split the small biscuits and sausage gravy combo. Of course, we eat double any calories we might have walked off. But, at our age, we're walking to stay active more than looking slim and trim (fat chance, no pun intended, LOL).
Well, we're almost back to having our house 100 per cent. We still have a couple of people coming next week to put on the final touches, but we have our lives back to almost normal. Funny, how you don't realize how much you enjoy having things in order until you have to live in disarray.
Last night we took a couple to supper to thank him for being available to come and help out when we needed him. He came over and turned the water off for me the Sunday morning of our flood. He then came back by two other times and also called to check. He was very helpful. They kept saying our taking them to dinner wasn't necessary, but be sure and call again when I needed help because they enjoyed having dinner with us. Fun time. Russ Ortiz (pitcher for the Diamondbacks) is their son-in-law and he's scheduled to pitch against the Rangers next weekend. We had fun discussing baseball with them, and of course we were bragging again about Brandon.
Paul's got his wireless working again. He's so grateful. He was going to a wi-fi restaurant every morning after he got me my Starbucks coffee so he could read all the blogs and post on his. It was a funny sight if you could have watched us each morning. I get up first and get on the Internet and check all the blogs. Paul's up before I'm finished, and he's trying not to pace so I will hurry up and let him use my computer. Pressure, pressure! And that from a guy who bragged just a few short months ago that he wasn't a computer-type guy. He's living proof you can teach an old dog new tricks. Not that he's an old dog, . . . ;-> He would then finish up what he didn't get finished on my computer at the wi-fi restaurant.
We plan to follow all the exciting things going on at the Southern Baptist Convention through all the bloggers, mainly Wade's, this next week. So glad Paul's computer's working. I have a Google alert for Wade and this morning there was one from the Dallas News and one from the east coast. The Daily OK also has an article this morning. Interesting stuff.
Today we're looking forward to Ralph's retirement celebration. Found out that over 6,000 invitations were sent out. Should be a gala affair. We'll post later about it.
Better go walking. Braum's is now open.
MB
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad that you're getting back to normal. I agree....we don't realize how much we appreciate order until we don't have it!
I'm experiencing that just a little bit because it's summer. My schedule is all messed up, and though I say I'm not a structured person, I'm struggling a little bit to adjust to summer. Interesting!
We're talking about starting our own blog, but the funny thing is we can't come up with a title that we all like. We've talked about Tulsa Tales or Lenox Lingo, but those didn't go over well. We're open to suggestions. Should I start a contest like Wade did on his blog?!? :)
We'll let everyone know when we get one going. Oh, also, my comment to Tony was: Why would I start a blog? I don't even write updates because our lives are so boring. I can't ever think of anything to write that would be interesting. Hey, how about Boring Blog for our name? LOL Can you tell I like alliteration?
We decided we could just make some stories up that would make us sound really exciting! :)
So be watching for it!
Love you guys....have a great weekend! I'm glad you survived all the upheaval.
ML
Tell Dad if I'm taken hostage or mysteriously disappear in Greensboro to send in the SWAT team :)
Just kidding.
One thing I've learned is that everyone is SUPER nice when Rachelle is with me. I guess her beauty dazzles them.
It ought to be an interesting week, but I'm expecting things to be civil.
I'll try to keep you informed.
Mel,
Nix to your Boring Blog. You guys are anything but boring; there's always something fun or different going on with you.
That would be fun to have a Name-The-Lenoxes-Blog contest. But, you have to have a good prize for the winner.
Wade,
We'll look forward to your postings. Read three newspaper articles about the SBC and you this moring from my Google alerts. You're sure getting the press. Have fun (that doesn't sound like the thing to say, does it?). Hope everything goes well. keep us posted.
MB
Post a Comment