Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Good Report



Last night Paul called from the convention center in Greensboro. We talked about fifteen minutes and we were interrupted many times by people greeting Paul. Many of them used that preacher tone and that silly religious language when giving their greeting. Paul and I enjoyed some good laughs afterwards. (Shame on us, but we have fun. LOL)

One of the more prominent bloggers, Pastor Ben Cole, grabbed the phone and said to me, "God should have shut up your womb, you know. It's because of the fruit of your womb that we're in this trouble today in the convention." I replied, "So this is all my fault?" We were all laughing hysterically. Ben's a really funny guy.

From all the reports it looks like the convention may be turning around, at least that's what it seems like at this point. Several things happened yesterday in committees and in the way certain keynote speakers were saying things. The bloggers seem to be very encouraged. Funny thing though, no one wants Wade to endorse them or to seem to be on their side of the issues. They're afraid he's too controversial. At least that's the report I got. It's fun to read all the blogs and the different perspectives.

Life is pretty tame here at home. Tonight I'm going to Rudy's Barbecue, a new restaurant that's opening here in Norman tomorrow. Charis is a waitress there for the summer, and tonight is family night. I think Freddie's going to come down and go with me to enjoy a free meal of barbecue.

Tomorrow at noon Margaret Purifoy is going to drive down to Norman and have lunch with me. We've tried to get together on a regular basis, but with both of our schedules, that's hard. She offered to make the drive down so we could have lunch together. Then tomorrow for supper I'm meeting Christine Burleson in Moore. I'm going to be five pounds heavier when Paul returns because of all this eating out. Oh well, he'll be heavier too with all the convention eating. Guess when we hug on Thursday we'll bump together like bumper cars, a little blubber bouncing. LOL

We're busy at work. I'm hiring two more people. Managing is fun and time consuming. Right now, I've got ten people total, eight are working, and two are getting set up. Keeps me hopping. I'm flying to Austin Friday, down and back in the same day. (I reread this before posting and noticed the verbs "hopping" and "flying." Got a mental picture of a morphed creature, part bunny, part bird. Hmmmm...)

Life is a wonderful adventure! Could it get any better? We'll see.
MB

1 comment:

Dori said...

Yep - never a dull moment when Ben is around.