Summer Fun
We still haven't worked out our Frontier City date, a date which will work for most of us. Right now we're set for July 8, but the little ones can't come. July 9 was suggested, but we don't think that will work. I'm suggesting Saturday, July 15. Reason: Rob Bell is in OKC on July 14 (Friday) and several of us have tickets. Lenoxes, you could spend the night with us and go to Frontier City the next day. Hopefully, the two little ones might be able to make it on that day. Would each family weigh in on this? And, Boe, please post a comment.
We were in Enid yesterday; Paul preached for Wade both services. (Wade, Rachelle, and Logan are in AL at their timeshare enjoying a week at the beach.) We chatted with Kade who has a very, very short haircut, which looks good. And we chatted with Boe, who has a shaved head!! I told him it makes him look older and he said, Thanks! Boe also told me he reads our blog every day (Hi, Boe), and that he wants to try and go to Frontier City with us. I encouraged him to write a comment sometime.
We're headed for Austin today and hope to return late Wednesday, but may have to wait and return late Thursday.
A funny thing: You know how Pierce calls Papaw the Hulk (FYI: He calls me the BAD Wonder Woman, LOL). Well, yesterday a woman at Emmanuel BC told Paul he looked like The Hulk. At least that's what Paul heard. Later, on the way home, he commented to me something like, wasn't that funny that lady said I looked like The Hulk. Interesting!!
I said that I heard her say that he looked like Hulk Hogan, and then I said, is there a Hulk Hogan? We laughed and Paul said that makes more sense. Of course, this morning I Googled Hulk Hogan and saw that he is a wrestler and does star in some movies. I can see the resemblance, but Paul is better looking, by a long shot!! LOL. Live and learn.
A sad thing: Yesterday, June 25, would have been Carmen Cherry's 60th birthday. She died August 1, 1990. I wanted to stop by her grave in Edmond and leave a yellow rose and spend a few minutes remembering and working through any grief that surfaced. (I find this very therapeutic.) But, our schedule didn't allow it, so I thought I would just write a note here remembering her and saying I hope she's never forgotten. She was a special sister who had a lot of problems, but we also had some good times together. Seems impossible that she's been gone 16 years.
A happy thing: We stopped by Brett and Kelly's on our way home from Enid. Sierra has lost two front teeth and was quick to hug both of us. Of course, Pierce hides, then sticks his tongue out as a greeting. He does warm up to us a little later. We had fun seeing how well B & K are fixing up their home and yard. Looks great! Then we watched as Pierce drove Sierra around in their little motorized white Porche that Grandpa Ezra gave them. They go really fast and it's just like a real car. Pierce likes to go in reverse and go fast. Funny thing, when he goes forward and fast, he's looking back at us and laughing, not caring and not looking where he's going. Already drives like a teenager, LOL.
Well, that's the latest from Mary and Paul, aka Grams and Papaw, aka The Hulk and BAD Wonder Woman.
MB
3 comments:
It was SO great to see you yesterday. Thanks for taking time to stop by. The kids always love seeing both of you. I told them Grams and Papaw were coming over and Pierce looked at me so confused and said, "but I don't understand, we were just there and now they're coming to our house?" I said, no honey, Grams & Papaw, not Nanaw & Grandpa. He started jumping up and down screaming. He is so funny and loves showing off for you. After you left, me and Pierce sat out on the driveway and talked for a long time. When you have his 1:1 attention, he is really sweet, and smart. Tonight is Brandon's second game he will play in the pro's and I'm starting to get that nervous feeling again like I did when he was in college. Hopefully that will go away after he's played for a while. Not sure I can go through many more years of butterflies everytime he plays :)
I will talk to Brett about Frontier City on the 15th. We weren't planning to switch weekends, just trade the Saturday or Tuesday. We were thinking about heading to Dallas on the weekend of the 15th but maybe we can just switch weekends. I'm hesitant to get them for just the day because the exchange is SO bad. On Father's Day they literally had to peel Pierce off of me. He was holding onto my shirt screaming he didn't want me to leave. We're trying to avoid those exchanges as much as possible. So maybe we'll see about switching weekends. We'll talk and let you know asap.
Thanks again for stopping by and please do it more often! Even if we don't have the kids, we can sit out on the back patio and visit.
Love you guys!
KB
Okay, this was posted at 5AM. That is just not right. I was up at 5AM, but that was because Kelly had a little three year old rubbing her arm on her side of the bed which woke up a little puppy who then had to go outside. But, I was not up for good, let me tell you! :)
We are working on getting the little ones for the weekend of the fifteen, so we think that will work out to go to Frontier City.
Thank you guys for dropping by last night! Always great to see you both!
Love you
BRB
The 15th would be good for us. We like the idea of coming for Rob Bell and staying overnight (if that's okay with you, Mom and Dad). I'll have to get my shift covered at Donna's for the 15th instead of the 8th, which I don't think will be a problem, but I want to wait until we find out if Brett & Kelly are able to switch their weekend with the kids before I do that. So keep us posted on the progress, and as soon as we know, I'll do what needs to be done on this end! We're excited!
Post a Comment